Wednesday, November 03, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: Day 3


I feel better about today. Because of the plotting i did before the month started, i was able to get ahead today and meet my quota quickly. This freed up some time, and i decided to go fix some of the things that weren't working for me in what i wrote so far.

i know what you're thinking, i'm not supposed to edit. i wouldnt consider what i did today editing. Over the course of the first few days, i found myself trying to move way too fast over the plot. i wasnt able to savor the scenes, and i was losing touch with the main character. So i went back basically to reconnect with the main character. For me, i feel the beginnings matter. They set the tone for the rest of the story. I cant make the argument for the main character when i dont believe in him or her, and i'm just going through the motions of putting words in my character's mouth so that i can meet my quota. This is definitely not what i want to achieve in this month--a mouth full of empty words.

On a side note, blogger gave me a huge headache today. I spent a lot of time checking out the "new templates" and wound up losing a lot my formatting and links. How utterly aggravating. Ok, i get you're a free service, but a little user-friendliness might go further in not having me convert to wordpress.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home