Sunday, November 07, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: Day 7

I wrote about 3000 words today. A lot more than my daily quota, but i'm still behind. They say that week 2 is supposed to be the week in which you hit the wall, or the fall from the euphoric glee of having starting a novel that is now not going in any direction you can work with. I think i hit that wall early on. I've been spinning this yarn for a very long time. Over many many months, spanning a few years. Whenever i could squeeze in time, i was thinking about the novel. But then, life would intervene, and months would go by where i didnt think about it.

At any rate, i knew what i was going to write about and where i was supposed to go with it. My fall is that the characters arent behaving as predictably as i thought (the nerve!) and the plot is clicking as easily as it seemed.

But, today was a good day. i wrote 3 hours in the morning and about 2.5 hours in the evening. i am having a hard time juggling the rest of my life. i havent worked out. i dont have time to see or talk to people. i'm behind in my other commitments. well, at least i'm showering. i guess that counts for something.

i just didnt think it would take me so long to write. Well, again, i've been deleting words, so that's hurt my count somewhat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home